SIFF PROJECT Submission Guidelines
2018.1.1 – 3.1
1. Feature film project intended for theatrical release (not including animations);
2. Chinese language production, or co-production with China;
3. Any project that is not completed before June 2018, including that is under development, financing, shooting and post-production;
4. With a finished script or treatment (project with finished script is preferred);
5. With a budget plan (project that has secured over 20% of the total budget is preferred);
6. Attached with a director and a producer;
7. Project that has not participated in any other Chinese project market is preferred;
To qualify for the selection of “New Talent Project”, the project also needs to be:
8. A Chinese language production;
9. The first or second feature film of the director.
1. Director’s biography and filmography (200 characters in Chinese; 90 words in English);
2. Producer’s biography and filmography (200 characters in Chinese; 90 words in English);
3. Production company profile (200 characters in Chinese; 90 words in English);
4. Logline (40 characters in Chinese, 20 words in English);
5. Synopsis (500 characters in Chinese, 180 words in English);
6. Statement of Creation (200 characters in Chinese, 110 words in English);
7. Treatment (about 2000 words in Chinese, 1000 words in English, please email to email@example.com);
8. Director’s previous works ( no more than 2 feature or short films, please provide an online link and the password);
9. Production proposal (including budget sheet and shooting agenda, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org);
TO SUBMIT A “WORK IN PROGRESS” PROJECT, ALSO REQUIRES:
10. Film clip (about 20 minutes, please provide an online link and the password);
11. Current stage of the production (300 characters in Chinese, 150 words in English);
OPTIONAL MATERIALS FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS:
12. Full-script (please email to email@example.com).
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit the project via “Project Entry” on the official website of Shanghai International Film Festival (www.siff.com);
2. Materials of a co-production project are required to be in both Chinese and English languages;
3. After the project is submitted online, the project number will be automatically generated after it checked by the SIFF staff within one working day;
4. The treatment and the production proposal are required to be emailed to SIFF PROJECT within 5 working days after the project number shows;
5. Once receiving ALL the required materials, SIFF PROJECT will reply an email to confirm that application has been successful;
6. The applicant MUST be the copyright owner of the submitted material, or is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted material;
7. Please make sure that the contact information is valid and correct;
8. The SIFF committee charges no fee for the submission;
9. Materials and information supplied will be treated as confidential and will be used for Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) only.
PRIVILEGES FOR SELECTED PROJECTS
1. Two representatives of the project (director and producer only) will be officially invited to Shanghai International Film Festival as project guests to attend related events, with complimentary 4-night accommodation during the event.
2. Selected projects will be officially promoted by SIFF at various occasions;
3. Selected projects will have the chance to meet with the SIFF PROJECT jury panel;
4. Selected projects will have the chance to meet potential buyers, distributors and festival programmers in private;
5. Selected projects will be eligible to win official awards of SIFF PROJECT;
For those got selected as “New Talent Project” will also be granted with:
6. Open presentation opportunity with the attendance of the jury panel, all the buyers and media;
7. Eligibility to win the grand award of “Best Talent Project”.
1. The finalist will be by officially announced by the SIFF official website around mid-May. Before that, the selected project will be contacted by the committee via email or phone. Please ensure that the email address and phone number provided are correct and operational, and do update with SIFF PROJECT team if your contact changes;
2. Once the project party has officially confirmed its participation, it is required to fully collaborate with the committee in order to better present the project and could not withdraw from the Festival for any reason.
3. At least one representative of each selected project is required to attend all the meetings and events organized by SIFF PROJECT. If none is able to attend, the project is automatically disqualified from the finalist.
4. Online-registration is required to be completed within 7 days after the announcement of selection result. Selected project will be cancelled automatically if fails to register in time.
5. All the service offered by the SIFF committee charges no fees. Therefore, once the selected project completes, it will be required to present the SIFF PROJECT logo in the opening or closing credit of the final film.
* Participation in the Festival implies adherence to the regulations as here set out. The Festival maintains the right to decide all cases not provided above.
Shanghai International Film Festival